10.25.2013

My first mini 4WD - Blast Arrow (MA chassis)



I bought this particular model as my first mini 4WD. Not sure why, but I have been stumbling around the forums and, for not sure exactly what reason, a lot of people have voiced out that they were recommended the Blast Arrow. So that was enough for me to go on.


It took me around 2~3 hours to assemble it. I had the instruction sheet next to me as I put together the pieces. One thing that I love about models, especially ones that function, is that I know what each piece does in the end. It's a growing process that is something you can't experience other than getting your hands dirty and making something out of it.


I haven't "burned in" the motor yet. Not sure if my motor needs it? Still, I don't have time as I am making the track tomorrow. The only way I could burn it is to race the living daylights and drain the batteries flat. (I am making a mini 4WD racing track for my friend's birthday. Out of mounting board. Let's see if I can achieve it!)

Pictured above, my Blast Arrow (left) and my brother's Shadow Shark AR chassis (right)

The funny thing that happened during the build was how little grease there was in the little green bottle they provided it in. I thought it was empty! Kept squeezing it until I accidentally spilled it on a plastic sheet. Had to apply it to the gears/rods/etc using a Q-tip.

Another thing I found pretty cool was... Do you know that bit that sticks out of the model after you've cut it away from the frame it came in? Well in a previous model I had, I found those things extremely hard to get rid of. But with the mini 4WDs, I could scrape them off and level them nicely with a box cutter (being careful not to poke holes in my fingers, of course). I'm guessing it's a lot softer, and easier to cut. I'm happy for that!

Ah well, we'll see how this goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment